Sunday, August 15

Jolly old England.

Ok, so now it's official. I just booked my flight to England, where I will be accompanying Holly Gage and assisting her for the 3 classes she is teaching at the Mid Cornwall School of Jewellery. (http://www.mcsj.co.uk/masterclasses/index.html)

(plug your ears for a second...)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm SO excited! Not only do I absolutely love and admire Holly's exceptional and innovative work (http://www.hollygage.com), she's also so dynamic and fun that I can't wait to travel with her and learn from her! It hearkens back to the good old days when a master craftsperson took on a young whippersnapper who worked for and was trained by the master in a specific skill or art. Granted, most of these youngsters were between 10 and 15 years old. Or maybe I could compare it to the Karate Kid, and Holly could be my sensei? Either way, it rocks big time. (At least I sound like a 10 to 15 year old. Totally. Rad. Do teens still say rad?)

Holy effing excrement! I can't even believe it, and I'm so insanely excited.

SO, what does this mean for you? Well, if you are hoping to visit Dragonfly Beads, never fear. The store will stay open with my lovely mom and lovely Laura and lovely Carrie covering for me. If you were hoping I'd come to your birthday party or cookout between August 27th and September 7th, I'm terribly sorry but I shan't make it. Instead, I shall be in merry England, learning the trade of metal clay and carousing through the countryside. Tra la la! Tee hee hee. Ok, I'm so giddy I'm making myself sick.

I do intend to bring my computer and keep you posted!

1 comment:

Alisa Phelps said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! YEAH! YOU GO GIRL!

I am so excited for you - and terribly jealous. I wish I were as young, talented, and enthusiastic as you are. Best of luck in England and enjoy being around some great teachers and artists. Keep us all posted (as I'll be living vicariously through you) and come back full of knowledge and inspiration.