Saturday, September 18

Back in class

Today was day one of Celie Fago's polymer inlay technique class. I must say, I'm having a hard time getting into "class mode": That willingness to try something new and fail or have the end result less than perfect. For a perfectionist, it can be brutal. I'm not even sure if I'm so much a perfectionist as much as anal and a bit of a control freak. It's hard to work outside your comfort zone, not only in technique, but also in physical space! Especially coming after a week in England in class mode. I just want to make something I'm proficient in! I'm anxious to get into my own studio, and letting all these new ideas and techniques imbue my new work.

But, complaints aside, there is nothing like taking a class at Fago Farm. Check out the view I have from my work table:


So amazing. I think all I need to do is let that beauty in and whatever I make will reflect that in some way. Today was working strictly in polymer, which I haven't done in years. And the clay has changed a LOT since I was making little scientific models and miniature food for my doll house. First we made some tear-away techniques with Sculpy III then moved into Premo to come up with a color palate. I was REALLY good at making baby poo green, mud brown and grey. Siiiigh. I kept getting these great color combos, then I'd want to put it through the pasta machine just one more time, and it was that last time through that messed me up every time!



Look at this lovely palate!

So, I've had less than successful results with my tear-away textures, less than successful results with my mixtures of poo browns, but tomorrow is another day. I'm going to go to bed, let these ideas absorb into my brain and hope that tomorrow I will be inspired and in class mode!

1 comment:

christian louboutin uk store sale said...

ashion industry worldwide. Every fashion lover knows that Sex and the City was always jam-packed with fashion; exclusivity was so important to the character of Samantha, that she used a famous client's name toCoach Small Bags avoid waiting 5 years for the Birkin bag.Perhaps more than any other, two fashion 'mini-revolutions' have defined the notion of a 'brand'.Firstly, there is the revolution of the red sole. Th

to take a mouthful, then she lifted her defeat face, with helpless." You laugh at me, I was a fool, you despise me?" She was staring at me, suddenly smiled," but our home for so many years, we even this speech, not a bit Coach Tote Bagstrange, my primary school grade four, my father said to me, I should never have the family name Zheng, I was a wild child, I am my own mother and her clients birth -- these are h

government critics.However at the same it seemed the outside world was captivated by the poise and elegance of the first lady and other senior western-educated women, who lulled the world into thinking Syria might not be as bad as it first appeared. Integral to the success of French footwear designer Christian Louboutin is his instantly recognizable, source-identifying mark: the red outsole. The

tion because it poses significant trademark and policy issues. Furthermore, even with no finding of error, it is likely that the Second Circuit will dismiss Judge Marrero's finding that a trademark should never be granted for Coach Travel Packagesthe use of a single color for fashion items, as a broad per se rule against color trademark in fashion conflicts with Qualitex and contradicts the Trademark Technical and Con
do