Sunday, September 5

The end is nigh. Sigh.

Two more incredible days have just gone by. It’s hard to believe I’ve been here a week! On the one hand, it seems like I’ve been here longer, but “a week” doesn’t sound long at all, and I’ve only got another 2 days left before we fly back. I don’t want to leave, but my body can't afford me staying (I need to sleep and stop eating heavy food!)

The past two nights we’ve gone out with Julia so that Lisa and Robert could spend time together. As it happened we ate at the same restaurant both nights, and the food was excellent. Local and home made, can’t beat it. Tonight I had a chicken and bacon pie with mashed potatoes and local veg, and last night was fish and chips with minted peas! Really good. This evening Carol Douglass also joined us, and the conversation, once again was stimulating, exciting, charged and full of idea sharing. I keep thinking we’ll have an “early night” but the conversation just keeps on rolling and I wouldn't want to miss any of it.

Last evening after dinner, we went back to Treesmill and did some experimenting with glass clay. I’d mixed it up earlier in the week and it was stored in the fridge. Interesting consistency, a bit like sugar cookie dough. Julia and I were content to let Holly be the ringleader, or perhaps the mad scientists and we were conducting the experiments! A fun evening at any rate, but not in bed till midnight.

Today was the first day of negative space caning. I was SO tired today and really dragging. I tend to work so small and thin, so I’m not sure about the integrity of my piece, but I’m enjoying learning this new process, and I think it has a lot of possibilities once I’m back in my own studio. Still do wish that studio was in Lostwithiel though, just need to find a job for myself and my fiance and find some way to work around the 6 month quarantine for the dogs!

It was great to meet yet another like minded creative soul and I had some really good laughs with Carol. She is such a sweet person and SO creative! I kept oohing and ahhing over her incredible carving.

I wrote this last night and was actually in bed before midnight! Today is the last day of classes. SOB! We'll do dinner tonight with Lisa, Julia and Carol. Will let post about that either tomorrow or when I get back.


1 comment:

christian louboutin uk store sale said...

supply should also.A fake bag that will begin to fall apart in two months is never worth an abused child laborer.The real thing is twice as fashionable, ethical and respectable.There has always been an immediatechristian louboutin outlet appreciation that comes with the mention of a brand name. A silent understanding or an air of approval, when words like 'Chanel' or 'Burberry' are mentioned. It is pre-supposed that wear

ild with Saint Honore"; also filmed Picasso's" gourmet" and many Oriental treasures. But in four years ago, since it is a mysterious figure after purchasing. He became the Las Vegas Night taboo.During the day it still continues to host some right auction in the auction, but at the end of the month of last Saturday, will hold a completely belongs to the dark auction. Here you can exchange the infor

ly occasionally make fun of." This morning Christian Louboutin Mary Jane PumpsI Qinglong notice. The auction will appear on a sell arms business woman, regardless of her what to sell, we have to pay more."" Arms dealer is sold, can sell?" Put down the spade, pick up the side of a small watering can, Geng Yuhuai gently sprays of droplets before white jasmine flowers. Have two years to spend, it was planted with a variety of small wh

reativity, shoes inspired by performance, cabaret and the showgirl; fantasy and fairy tale; art and architecture; film; landscape and travel. The exhibition will also focus on the handcrafted shoe, one-off designs which Christian Louboutin Sandalsincorporate his highly innovative ideas, forms and materials. There will be a special section dedicated to the shoes designed for 'Fetish' an exhibition at the La Gallerie Du Passa