Sunday, August 29

Working in the U K

Today was the first day of the first session of Repousse Techniques. I was pleased to be able to participate in the class! I chose to work from a photo I took this morning of the building we're having classes in. I thought it would be nice to have a little souvenir of my time in England, and this building is quintessentially English!

Early in the day, I was feeling a bit discouraged. After reworking my polymer clay several times, I felt like my piece was too plain and boring, especially after seeing what some of the other students were working on. There are some truly incredible minds and talented hands in here!
The first part of the process is worked in reverse, so I was also having a hard time getting my jet-lagged mind thinking in the opposite direction. But now that my mold has been fired and I started actually working with the metal clay, I am excited by the way the project is coming along.

Trying to upload photos, but it's not working. Hrrrumph.

Off to dinner with Robert and Lisa. Robert is cooking for us!

No comments: