Thursday, September 2

Repousse and cheese and pickle sandwiches...

Today was the first day of second session of Repousse, and it's another talented and creative group. It's also quite a large group! So as to not be in the way, I busied myself photocopying images for the molds, mixing some glass clay for future play, and writing blog posts.

This evening, Holly and I went over to Lisa and Robert’s home again and met up with Julia Rai there. It was a night for pizza, wine and beer and to jury the photos for Holly’s 2011 calendar. (And I want you to know the process was taken quite seriously despite the convivial tone of the evening). It was quite elucidating for me. What an education! I have a much better understanding of how a piece is jurried into a publication and what I really need to pay attention to and focus on. This entire trip is making me itch to get back to my tools and supplies and to really up the ante with what I'm making. Now I just need to find someone to do the work expected of me at the shop!

As a final note, big thumbs up for cheese and pickle sandwiches Not pickles like we know, but pickled stuff. And not kimchee, pickled carrots, rutabaga, onion, cauliflower, marrows (?), gherkins, chopped dates, aples and tomato as well as spices. Crazy and delicious. I think my enjoyment of these sandwiches is enhanced by the packaging. You can pick up these nifty little triangular containers with a whole sandwich in it, cut in half. I don't know why I am enamored with these "packets" but I am. Hooray for England! Three cheers for sandwiches!

No comments: