Thursday, September 30

Unofficially Official

Or is it officially unofficial? Either way, we have a tentative (but pretty certain) day and location for the wedding! Which means that weddingitis is setting in a bit. I'm finding that surprising, as I'd like to consider myself as something of an "anti-bride". I don't want to get so caught up in the hooplah of planning the sucker that I lose sight of WHY I'm getting married. So, ok, I love my fiance, and now I'm getting really excited about planning, of all things, my bouquet. Not my dress, not my colors, not the decor. The bouquet.

I found the COOLEST bouquets on Etsy. Several sellers are making (incredibly expensive) amazing bouquets using vintage flower pins and brooches.


From Etsy seller LionsgateDesigns



From Etsy seller TheRitzyRose

These bouquets are great for several reasons.

1.) The flowers never die! Hooray! Many of them haven't even faded after 20 plus years in existence.

2.) Each flower has a story. Each pin graced the blouse of a mother, daughter, grandmother, sister...perhaps a cross dresser...and each of them have a story too. The mother who wore a daisy pin to her daughter's wedding. The grandmother who wore a bright sunflower pinned to her Sunday best each week....the cross dresser who used it to complete shis Marilyn Monroe get up? I love things that have a story to them, and I like the idea that my wedding bouquet has numerous stories, since I'll be carrying the dang thing all day. And here is where you, dear reader, come into the equation...
I've been finding these pins on Etsy and Ebay, but apparently they are quite the hot item right now, and I just can't afford to spend $12/flower (let alone $450 for the bouquet!). Plus I intend to have this be a very crafty DIY wedding, informing you of my progress and process along the way. So if you have one of these pins gathering dust in a jewelry box, or in a box destined for Good Will, bring them into the store and have a part in my bouquet! I'll give you 15% off your purchase for your effort, and I'll gush and excitedly tell you all about my plans. Ahem. I mean, my amazing fiance. (It's a good thing he loves me too!)

Not local? No problem! Send me your flowers, and I'll send you a little somethin' fun from the shop!

In other store news, there is a brand spanking sparkly new website in the works! This updated format will allow me to keep the site much more current, bringing you information as it happens! As part of this new website, I'll be making some changes to the blog, bringing you more tips and jewelry ideas in addition to regaling you with fun little facts about my life as a business owner!

4 comments:

Marshall Lynch said...

very beautiful bouquets,i really like it.
Edina MN Realty | Christmas Gift Baskets

elvin said...

The pictures look great. I wait your presence on my blog http://skrtu.blogspot.com
thanks...

mjshdiif said...

of color in the fashion industry serves "aesthetic functions vital to robust competition." Under Wallace International Silversmith v Godinger Silver Art (1990), the test for aesthetic functionality in the Second Circuit isChristian Louboutin Outlet "[W]here an ornamental feature is claimed as a trademark and trademark protection would significantly hinder competition by limiting the range of alternative designs, the ae

out of the time, had no choice but to follow study ignore the whole unit of projection in the US view.I seem to have been able to hear her shoulder joint minor noise.We finally arrived at the hospital the garden, she sat impassively in parterre edge, then hold your knees, stuffy asked me:" give me a cigarette, okay?"I point a, into her mouth. She is like a drug addict, unable to hold oneself back

l his shoe sketches in color — "In most cases, there's a significant loss between the drawing and the final realization," Louboutin says. "Because of technical limitations, the heels are never quite fine enough, or the lines never arched enough. But for the Pansies, when the first shoe came off the line, a model in pink crepe, I saw that it couldn't have come any closer to the original drawing. A

s inconsistent with trade mark protection under theChristian Louboutin Women's Boots Lanham Act. In the US colors per se can be registered as a trade mark if they have acquired a secondary meaning and if they are non-functional. That is to say that if a color acts as a symbol that distinguishes a brand's goods and identifies their source, without serving any other significant function, then the mark is capable of being registered

Unknown said...

Considering that some official documentation is really just placebo, I will take the truth wherever I can find it. Sponsored or not, I found some here. For more interesting information click here. Thanks.